Wednesday, February 9, 2011

smelly cat

Tonight John and I went to our second official spin class at this new spinning studio in Tampa. The first one we went to (that I'm not counting as official) was an intro ride.

Let me just say, this week was way harder than last week! I was dripping with sweat and man do I smell, I need to hit the shower once I am done posting.

I think I mentioned it, but the spin the bikes they have move so you can "turn." It takes a lot of upper body and core strength to do it. A lot harder than traditional spin! John did great again, I'm proud of him and thankful he's doing it with me. Thanks Groupon! The thing that sucks is this place is way to expensive for us to go once our 10 sessions are up. :(

I'm happy to report I didn't snack at night for the third night in a row! Yay! I feel empowered in the morning when I know I wasn't a bad girl going to the kitchen at 3 a.m.

I've also been doing good since Sunday with points. I've stayed in my dailies every day! I feel really great knowing that I'm doing so well, it's reminding myself that I am capable of being a little more strict and kicking some ass.

In other news, my company is having a Biggest Loser competition! You make a team of 2 to 3 people and it goes from February 14 through April 22nd. The team with the highest percentage of weight loss wins $100 Amex gift card for each member. I made a team with my old co-worker Anna. She used to work on my team but hasn't the past year. We have a lot in common when it comes to diet and exercise so I think we'll make a great team! We're in it to win it!

I don't even care about the $100. To see that I've lose 10, 15, 20? pounds is a reward enough. The best part it is it ends the week after my birthday so it should help push me to be at a great place in April. Not only that, but I will be getting prepared to start my wedding gown shopping in May or June!

I know it's going to take a lot more than three good days to get to my goal, but I feel confident and good about it.

OH! One last thing, John and I had a dinner reservation at a nice steakhouse for Sunday (early V-day dinner) and I talked to him and we decided to cancel it because there would be no way for me to count points and it'd be inevitable I'd use a ton. We made a reservation at Seasons 52 instead where their full nutritional information is online and I can make smart decisions. :)

Ok, now I better really go shower!

Gym over lunch tomorrow, I gotta keep pushing hard so I see the number I want on Saturday!

No comments: