Thursday, October 7, 2010

Has fall arrived early in Florida or is this a sick joke?

It seems as if fall has arrived early in Florida! Normally this time of year it's still pretty hot and gross out. This past week however has been really nice! Now mind you, fall for Florida is a far cry from what fall is for the other 80 percent of the country. It's been lows in the low 60s and highs in the low to mid 80s but the humidity has been low and it's felt cool.

On Sunday night my stomach started feeling weird, hard to explain but it wasn't good. Monday it was feeling pretty icky and my appetite was off (however I was able to eat all my points, surprise...) so I decided to take the day off from working out and rest. By Tuesday it was still feeling off so I decided another rest day was in order.

Yesterday it felt better but not great. I decided to give the gym a go and see how it went. I ran 2 miles on the treadmill at a decent pace and felt okay. After that I got on the elliptical but after 10 min. or so my stomach was hurting a lot. :( I decided to cut the workout short but still managed to earn 3 activity points so I was happy. I'm just proud of myself for going.

Tonight I have my first physical therapy session for my knees so I'll be taking the day off. I hope it goes well and I learn some good exercises and stretches.

I have a TON of laundry to fold and put away tonight. I figure I'll do it while John is at his Japanese class and I'll watch Project Runway (go Mondo!).

John and I have been making a lot of WW recipes lately. E-Tools now has a feature where subscribers can review and rate recipes which is super helpful. If you've made WW recipes before you know it can be very hit or miss.

On Sunday we made a Winter Squash Lasagna (I've made this before). I like it a lot but I will say I can see it not being for everyone. It's butternut squash, cheese, golden raisins and has pine nuts sprinkled on top.

















On Monday we made Mustard Dill Chicken and it was really good! Sorry, no photo of this one! Super easy to make too.

Finally, last night we made Chicken Parmigiana which also came out great!

















I like that I can search for 5-star recipes now. Heh.

- - - -

In other news, I've been feeling down lately about a variety of things. My job, lack of friends, etc....

I get myself so caught up in the things I don't have sometimes that I lose sight of what I do have.

I am so lucky to have a really great family who loves and supports me, who are there for me no matter that and I know will always have my back.

I'm also really lucky to have John. It's like when you're younger you always wish you'd find the perfect person to be with and I did. Of course our relationship isn't perfect, as neither of us are, I'd never say that (it annoys me when people do!). I just found the person who is perfect for me and I'd venture to say John found the person who is perfect for him.

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the negative and things that don't matter. I am guilty as ever as sweating the small stuff.

I just have to make sure I balance it with remembering all of the good stuff, cause there is sure a lot of it!

- - - -

Final notes!

I stopped taking my birth control on Sunday. It wasn't serving it's purpose in which my doctor had me start it for and I don't want fake hormones in my body for nothing.

So now I have a visitor, ugh, I hope she doesn't mess up my weigh-in Saturday!

I am going to have two perfect days today and tomorrow point's wise and really hope to see a pay off on Saturday!

Talk to you then...

:)

No comments: