Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week 6 of 10k training/weigh-in/outdoor run/pizza

So week 6 of training went well. I'm up to 4.5 miles. My knees have started bothering me a little again so I need to watch that closely. It's also taking me upwards of an hour to complete the run so it's getting long. Overall things are going well.

We had a busy Saturday so I didn't have time to get to my Weight Watchers meeting. I weighed in at home and it appeared I was down .8 lbs. Not too bad since I didn't have a perfect week.

Starting Sunday my meeting location changed and they are doing a test market thing in Tampa where the WW location is open all day and you can stop in pretty much any time to weigh-in or buy products. Pretty cool if you ask me!

Saturday we had a dinner at John's parents and my parents came over too. It was nice. My mom brought these mini-cupcakes for dessert which set me back some WAP but overall I was 15 over. Not too tragic.

Today we woke up early (7:30 a.m.) and headed out to the causeway for a run. We took a while to get going and get out there so by the time we were out it was 82 degrees (feels like 92) and the humdity was 90 percent, ouch.

Here are some photos:


Me showing my "it's hot and I'm dying!" face at mile two when we stopped to look around the boat docks.













John riding his bike down the path, the sun was brutally hot!

















We went 4.04 miles in just under an hour. I probably took between .25 and .50 (probably closer to .50) to walk because it just got SO hot. It's good for me to get used to this since October will still be steamy for the 10k.

After we got home and showered we went out for brunch and I had an egg white omelet (hold the cheese) and then we went to DSW (shoe store) and found nice water shoes on sale! Score! You'll see why this is good later...

Did our grocery shopping and took a nap for an hour and a half. We were beat!

Tonight we made homemade pizza with organic whole wheat dough. It came out good! We wish it was a little crispier but overall it was yummy!



It had zucchini, eggplant, red pepper, onion, garlic, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts and some chicken. Yum!











Now we are just relaxing and waiting for True Blood and Mad Men!

So I am off this Friday and we are heading to Orlando to see the Deftones! I have a special ticket so I am going to a meet and greet with the band. I've loved them since I was 15 so I'm super excited! :) We are staying in Orlando Friday and Saturday night  and on Saturday we are going to Aquatica because my friend got us free passes. :) We've been to some water parks this summer and it's so hot the ground burns your feet BADLY. Hence the water shoes!

Since we're gone Saturday I'm going to weigh-in on Friday morning.

Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: