Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Best Thing I Ever Ate: Taim Falafel & Smoothie Bar in NYC

So if you're a Food Network watcher like myself you've probably caught their show The Best Thing I Ever Ate. They have a handful of episodes with themes such as the best thing that was cheesy etc.

I don't consider myself a foodie per say because I'm not big on trying new and scary cuisines but John and I both love dining out and trying new places, especially in New York City which if you don't know is our favorite place in the world.

I write this post to make a tribute to the best thing I've ever eaten which was at Taim Falafel & Smoothie Bar in New York City.

I love falafel. It's one of my favorite foods but I don't eat it that often because it's not super low in calories but the main reason is that it's hard to find good falafel, especially in Florida.

I only had falafel once when I was in Israel because I had gotten a stomach flu. Tragic, I know...

So moving on, Taim was featured on the Food Network show Throwdown With Bobby Flay a while back and we knew we had to try it. When John and I go to NYC we usually have our line up of places to eat that we collect between visits or places such as Taim that we know we must visit again.

John had gotten the falafel sampler platter (see photo) which had I believe a red, green and yellow falafel.

I got a falafel pita with traditional toppings such as the red cabbage etc. It was hands down the most delicious thing I've ever eaten.

We also got a smoothie on our way out which was a Date/Lime/Banana smoothie and it was so delicious. We tried to recreate it at home and failed miserably.



On our next trip to NYC we plan on visiting Taim at least twice to indulge in their decliousness.

I can't wait until we move up there one day and I can visit much more often.

Now I'm hungry...

No comments: