I've lost 1.2 lbs.
I'm a little let down because when I started this I thought I'd see my weight loss really increase but alas it has not.
I had an appointment with my doctor next Friday for a physical to check things out and make sure nothing fishy is going on hormonal or thyroid-wise.
You may have read that I get acupuncture for facial pain.Well, my acupuncturist sells a 9-day cleanse that claims it helps with things such as fatigue, digestive issues and weight loss. The idea of dropping 7-10lbs in nine days is really appealing.
It's a pretty expensive item and my hate for fad diets had me skeptical. I did some Internet research and saw mixed reviews. Do I think I could lose weight on it? Yes. Will I gain back some if not most of it once I resume my normal diet (which is not bad)? Probably.
I haven't 100 percent made my decision but I think I decided on the following:
My own cleanse! For two-weeks I will cut out the crap! By crap I mean things such as but not limited to:
- sandwich thins
- baked/light chips, 100 calorie packs, processed junk
- artificial sweeteners (hardly have any now)
- sugary junk (no candy, no Weight Watchers ice pops, no VitaTops)
- no caffeine with the exception of green tea 1x per day max (fall off every now and then)
- deli meats
- fruits and veggies (Organic when possible!)
- whole grains (brown rice, possibly some flax type crackers)
- lean protein (Organic only)
So that is my plan for now. The next thing I might try is cutting gluten out for a week to see how I feel.
Weigh-in tomorrow! Wish me luck! :)
After dinner at Bern's I'll be happy to maintian but after tonights 4.25 (longest so far!) mile run I hope to be down a least a bit!
I'll leave you with a photo of John and I last October in D.C. on a Segway tour! It was awesome and I highly reccomend it!