Black Bean and Butternut Squash Chipotle Tacos (Vegan)
By Danielle & John
Adapted from Fatfree Vegan
• 4 cups, butternut squash diced fairly small
• 1 can, black beans
• 2 cloves, garlic diced
• 1 pepper, chipotle in adobo diced (remove seeds)
• 1, lime
• 1/2 teaspoon, chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon, ground cumin
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cup, red or white onion sliced for topping
• 1 cup, avocado diced for topping
• Salsa for topping
• Small soft corn tortillas
Warm black beans in a small sauce pan with juice of 1 lime, chipotle pepper and some sauce from can and garlic. As beans warm, mash them up with a fork to incorporate flavors.
In another skillet, spray with olive oil and add butternut squash, season with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook until squash is tender.
Warm your tortillas in a small pan, and top with black bean mixture, squash and desired toppings.
These are delicious and have a super smoky hot flavor from the chipotle. Not only are they delicious but they are super filling and easy to make!
Note that the beans are so delicious on their own they could be used as a side dish for another meal!
Photo of John's first taco (beans are hidden, sorry for the crappy quality iPhone photo!)