Friday, April 30, 2010

Morning workouts...

So today my plan was (key word was)  to get up at 5:30 a.m. and make a 6 a.m. spin class. That didn't happen.

For a few weeks earlier this year I was able to get out bed and get to a few of those classes and I liked not having to worry about working out after work! It's just SO HARD to drag myself out of bed that early.

I sleep well. It's hard enough for me to get up at 6:50 a.m. for work!

Now I remember those few weeks when I was doing this saying how once I was up and awake I was fine. I just need to be able to get myself out of bed and dressed!

Anyway, group fitness classes end at 9:15 a.m. at my gym on Friday's so that's out for today.

I have a doctor appt. at 4 this afternoon and my plan is to hit the gym tonight to do Week 6, Day 1 of Couch to 5k.

I plan to hit the gym Sunday, Monday and Tuesday! Three days in a row is hard for me but John and I are driving to Orlando late Wednesday night because we are going to...

THE BAHAMAS on Thursday! :) I am so excited. I am going to try and eat as best I can while I'm there and I think with all the swimming I'll at least be getting some activity. :)

We do have two dinner reservations at nice places. One being the Mesa Grill which is our favorite. We've been to the one in NYC three times and consider it our special place. So when we saw there was one in Atlanis we knew we had to go!

We arrive Thursday around 3 p.m. and we leave around 5 p.m. on Sunday.

Moving on...

Confession: I made a big eating mistake last night. I have been way better about my night-time snacking but last night I blew it complely. John was in the shower and I woke up to pee around 11:40 p.m. I ate these three mini-pitas and dipped them in peanut butter. FAIL! Now, at least this was a healthier peanut butter but it's still 3 points for 2tbsp. I am estimating this binge as 9 points. I took away 5 weekly extras (down to 15 left) and then took away 4 from my points today. Where they come from is neither here nor there I suppose but that is how I did it.

To make mattters worse I just ate 3 points worth of Twizzlers. They were tasty though, I must admit. ;)

So here I am with 14 points left for the day and it's 10:52 a.m.! I can manage this...

I am going out to lunch with girls from work and I am going to get a simple salad with shrimp and fat-free dressing on the side. I am hoping this will be between 4-5 points.

For a mid-afternoon snack I will have a banana for 2 points.

I will hit the gym and earn 3 AP which I plan on not using.

When I return from my workout I will have a Green Monster smoothie and a veggie burger for 6 more points.

That should keep me right around 14. If I have to use the AP I will.

Crap, better get back to work!

5 comments:

karaxcupcake said...

i really enjoy reading your blog :)

have you tried the website fatsecret?
i have an app on my iphone & it calorie counts & even gives you ww points..although i am sure you have something like this already.
it's extra cool cause it has all my weirdo vegan foods and i can scan a lot of them in with the camera!

Danielle said...

@Kara: I haven't tried it. I'll have to check it out! I do WW points on a journal but I'll check that website out for sure!

Jen is losing it. said...

If you feel up to it/willing...maybe you and I can start a little routine. I want to run three times a week - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, ideally (with PT/strength training Tuesday and Thursday and then weekends off), and since it's summer mornings will probably be the coolest times to run...and we can both agree that the treadmill is super boring. So what do you think about wake-up calls to get each other out of bed?

Danielle said...

@ Jen: I can do M, W & F. I am not sure about three mornings a week but we should start off with one mandatory morning! Maybe Monday mornings we get up and run at 6:15 a.m.?

Jen is losing it. said...

I can do that!!! So, wake-up calls every morning at 6:15? :o)